Monday, July 28, 2008

Day 4 of Being Stitched Up.

))):

Tumultuous arrival at TTSH A&E in the midst of training. I really shouldn't have gone that day, just as I had surmised earlier that day. Come true liao lor, orbiquack.

This is the operating theatre. My favourite number. I really must have a lot of affinity with this number. Like that also can. (=_='')


Narh, for those who asked to see the aftermath on the blog, here you go. I've already made it very small, so those who cannot withstand looking at something so alien on the human body, don't click and complain ok!

I could see my fats and muscle in the slash when the nurse injected local anesthesia to numb it. I have quite a bit of fats man.

I had asked the nurse to explain to me what I'm seeing, she called it "soft tissues", and muscle, the second layer that was substantially different. The latter was slightly wounded, but not badly, so it was a superficial cut. I was still some distance away from reaching the major blood vessels.

Next, she used tongs and cotton laden with antiseptic to prod at the wound, and red, diluted liquid poured out. I was actually quite amazed at the sight, rather than turned off. After all, being the klutz that I am, blood and bruises are nothing to me. *苦笑s* plus the fact that I couldn't feel a thing, I made use of this chance to see how stitches are done. But the stomach churning part came as I watched her stitch me up. I thought I would feel alright, but after the third stitch, I felt like throwing up the hot sandwich that BH had bought for me. It's the shock and the disgust of watching such a foreign action take place on a human I think, because watching her clean my wound was fine.

I've to dress the wound in gauze and water proof film most of the time, so that no one will be freaked out by it. Heheh.

Thanks for those who worried for me, and the 3 of you who stayed with me till so late. And thanks to Suze who found out for me after being shocked, how to take care of the wound (: I should be fine now, cos I can turn my wrist around without feeling pain. Thank goodness I didn't cut my wrist in a majorly important and rotational and pivotal position.

The nurse says I can remove the stitches after a week. And I heard it's gonna hurt damn badly. Eeek omg omg. Can I have some more local anesthesia? ):

No comments:

Post a Comment