Monday, October 18, 2010

The Hands I've been Given

Just did this sketch of a photo I found in my Photo Library, with the Sketchbook App (from Autodesk) I just downloaded for my now-abit-obsolete iPod touch.

Dedicated to X. And also of the times in Tokyo!


Hoping to improve on my free-finger (it's damn hard to control thumb and fingers!) sketching on the iPod screen surface soon. It's so much harder than drawing with pencils.

I was itching to draw again ever since I looked through my cupboard of old stuff and found all my old drawings and paintings.

[Cue in the scouting for graphics tablet...]

And then I saw this super artyfarty girl on the bus drawing with a super pro-looking studio app on her iPhone4 and so I fished through the million apps in the app store and found the Sketchbook App (from Autodesk) for my now-abit-obsolete iPod touch.

Please see these awesome sketches from screen captures!

This is like Adobe Photoshop at your fingertips, but @ only 99c! With different brushes, swatches, and can even import & export images, and also add layers and masking layers. This is amazing.

Ok I cannot do those kinda standard of sketches now but I tried for the picture that you see at the top of this post.
Bamboo Fun tablet from Wacom.com.sg

I almost decided to buy this Wacom tablet. I probably still will, after I graduate and have maybe free time for a few months. Hardly have the time to sit down and do a proper drawing now.

More to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment