Thursday, September 17, 2009

Of new and old


Key's from my parents last year, when they bought me the necklace just because they were at the jeweller's. :P They said. "No more for you this year le har! It's your 21st present!" But they still willingly forked out some cash for my party this year, haha.

The name plate from dearie. Stainless steel. Going strong! (: For those who haven't seen it yet, it was on the zipper of a handphone pouch that the boyfriend made for me a little more than a year back. Just before we got together. He secretly went to buy a pouch and customise a steel tag when I told him I needed a phone pouch. (: on it was "Ellen".

Here's why the words on that plate now is not "Ellen" but "毓雅":

...BUT. Scattered-brain me left the pouch on the train when I stood up and didn't notice that it slid off my lap. It's the first time I felt so sad losing something, so I had to call him and confessed and apologised profusely. :(

2 days later, another pouch came, this time even nicer, sleeker, and with my chinese name carved on it. (: I was rather surprised that he knew how my name was written, haha.


And the reason why it's now on my necklace is:


I bought a new phone recently. It was my favourite model from the past, and now that I'd gotten a little tired of my swanky (albeit rather useless) Samsung T480, I thought hard and finally decided to sell that and get a brand new Nokia 6300. IN WHITE! (((:

YAY!

I am really quite lucky to get such a good deal for this phone that's out of production already, since it debuted 2 years ago. I found a brand new one at a shop, complete with warranty, for $238. There were cheaper prices at others, but none in white. I had to get my hands on this one, HAHAHA.

Alrights, now that I've finished sharing with you all my joy and pride for my purchase last week, I shall continue with the story.

The shop owner gave me a free pouch (made of felt, with some geometric lines, really pretty!), and I thought I'd replace the zipper tag with the one dearie gave me, BUT the metal arm broke while I was tweaking it. ): So now the new pouch can't be used.

So I just put it together with the diamond key pendant. It looks really good doesn't it?


Thanks dearie.

Happy one year in advance!



ps:/ hope the photog course is doing my photos some good! I took these myself! (:
ps:/ who is this strange "ellen" posting on the tagboard? Don't tell me is ellen kim?

No comments:

Post a Comment