Thursday, October 8, 2009

Consumerism

Guess what I found when I sifted through some sites online?

Gold iPhone,
with the a DIAMOND apple!
£22,995.00
This is, in dearie's words. "Omg so opulent!"

Note: I seem to have run out of vocabulary and only Poonie and the BF can supply such words. I shall quote extensively from now on.


This atas craftsman set up a company that recreates the bodice of normal consumer goods in gold and diamonds. What's could be a common phone right now is given a brand new, lavish look.

You have an iPhone too? But mine is exceptional. It's gold and comes with 53diamonds encrusted in the apple icon.

Yours is US$299? Mine is £22,995.00.

Go take a look and be amazed by how the really rich spend their money.

Eh this brings the idea of elites and consumerism to a whole new level. If you have this much excess cash give even more to South African children leh, also not like that spend one mah. A phone is a phone, and I'm sure Vertu phones are already lavish and reliable enough, and with its 24-hour concierge service, it's way better than having a £22,995 iPhone.

But I have to admit that it's very chio. Haha. I'm sure there are fake iPhone cases out there in "gold-plated" exterior and bling apple, lol.








image from: bakingfiend.blogspot.com


On another note, my parents are getting funnier. Last night my aunt went to the new Lim Chee Guan (for the uninitiated it's this famous bakkwa shop) opening at ION and brought home free samples for my mum. My mum distributed the golden coins (the small round ones) to us. There wasn't much. My dad took one and slowly ate, thinking that we'd leave a lot behind for him. So when he finally came looking for it an hour later, of course there wasn't any left. We all love bakkwa to bits.


He kept harassing mummy: Eh 肉干咧?
Mummy says: 没有了。只有一点点。
Daddy: 真的?你藏在哪里了?
Mummy: 没有藏啦!没有了!
Daddy: 真?! 还不快点把它拿出来!
Mummy: 哎呀真是的,你很烦咧。都跟你说没有了!

But Daddy doesn't seem to believe her. He keeps cajoling her for next 3 minutes to surrender the rest of the bakkwa. Hhaha. Cute or not?




This morning, I found one big square piece of it sandwiched between my bread for breakfast.

:P


Yums.

No comments:

Post a Comment