Friday, April 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!

It took quite a bit of planning and co-ordination to give my Mum a surprise on her 55th birthday. Sis and I brainstormed, and our relatives (姨姨 & 姨仗, Kai, Papa, XZ & I, SQ & Sis shared her present.)

Guess what we had in store for her? (;



After Dearie took me to this same spa on Valentine's Day, I liked the place so much that I arranged for Mummy to go there.

We went to the branch at Chinatown, cos the branch at Holland V. was full.
Armed with Mo's DSLR, I snapped lotsa random shots today.

I was wearing Papa's red checkered/tartan shirt, with black tights and red RI shoes (from Dearie).

Carried Dearie's bag. I love it! I like my outfit for today.
Sis trying out the DSLR. Not a bad shot ah, looks great. :b
Greasy fingerprints on the phone. Sis doesn't know Audrey Hepburn. =.=


While waiting for my mum, my Sis and I sat here for 2.5 hours. She amused herself by recording her voice in my phone, pretending to be me saying the most retarded things, and attempted to make it my alarm tone so that I'd be scaared awake every morning. But she failed miserably.

I love her. She's so damn cute.

Mummy's out! She really enjoyed it. (:


Then Daddy drove us to one of my favourite food haunts at Beach Road. It's located really near Raffles Hotel.

YD brought me here sometime last year, to try their bread. And I came again to try their Hainan Pork in Claypot (海南扣肉). From then on, I came to this place whenever I needed to satiate my craving for fatty pork in vinegar.

I brought Dearie here too, and he got hooked on the dish. So I thought I'd let my family try it.

I like the quirky, homey, ambience.

Norh! The above-mentioned dish, 海南扣肉 *Salivates*

And their bread, with Kaya and butter. The bread is soft that when you bite into it, it compresses till its barely 1 cm thick. The home-made Kaya is not too sweet, and there is a huge dollop of butter in the middle. I want it for breakfast everyday!

This is their 星州米粉. It is really not bad, in all honesty. Much better than their fried rice which is rather bland.

It was a really good day.. till papa somehow threw a rather uncalled-for tantrum and proceeded to drive haltingly and looking surly all the time. And reduced everyone's mood to zero. Oh well. What a... Sigh. Papa is papa lor, what to do.

妈咪 ,生日快乐!

1 comment:

  1. 你们两个是乖女儿,总是尽力让妈妈开心,看得出你们的努力,舅母很羡慕哦!虽然爸爸老爱在开心的日子破坏气氛,但,说得对咯..老爸总是老爸,没有十全十美的哟~~
    永远记得,你们的妈妈是世上最疼爱你们的人,二舅母认识很多妈妈,呵呵~真的是有感而发!!

    ReplyDelete