Wednesday, December 27, 2006

more photos!

At a school at Sapa.























































A tree full of cobwebs.

























Ooops! Another kid without pants.













At the centre where I made my traditional Vietnamese costume - Aodai. There are more people who are deaf and/or mute, sewing furiously to make designs for the aodai, or just embroidery to hang on walls.













Pottery, handmade. Looks so different from the one I tried to make during sec3!













A young child of a family selling fruits at exorbitant prices, precariously sitting on the roof of a small boat!













On the way to Ha Long. (my sister)















Vietnam was a place of great photographing opportunity. The best things to remember the places I visited is by taking my own photographs, and keeping them with me. Souvenirs? It may just get too many, and you don't get to reminisce about each and every part of the journey you made. A pretty tribal doll, a shawl, a pencilcase, may remind me one day in the future that I visited the home of a tribal community, but it doesn't help me to recall visually the tenacity and the warmth of the people, nor the hard and simple life of the families living in the hills. But these photographs do, and I hope you all can see beyond the scene captured, and see what I saw during my trip.

Grins. (=

No comments:

Post a Comment