Saturday, June 5, 2010

Adiós, Bates 141!

Byebye Bates!

Deadlines! Clientele demands! Mad rush!

Just give me a goddamn break! Sometimes all of the interns feel like screaming. The clients who can't make up their minds and try to be creative directors are getting on all of our nerves, and we can't manage them.

But at the end of it all, there were great people on the account management team.  I really enjoyed my days here.



I learnt so much from my short stint with Bates 141. and throwing us into the deep waters just a few weeks into the whole term made us learn really quickly from all the big and small mistakes. My big and small bosses are really capable people and I have never seen anybody who is as 'on-the-ball' as them.

Irresponsible and really incapable managers and directors I've encountered made me realise how fortunate I was to learn from my bosses. The former at taken advantage of the fact that there were various interns handling the accounts, and hence have no prior guards for issues like having no "black and white" emails based on teleconversations, went back on even a signed contract, thousands of unreturned calls and emails despite reminders... All these, among other things, made me realise that there are indeed unscruplous people in the working world.

Politics, betrayal.

I was shaking my fist at these people, cursing them words I have never thought I would ever find the need to place upon anybody - the incapable who blame others for their own fault.

For those of you who know me well, I am the ultimate klutz with a birdbrain - someone who'd say something one minute and forget it the next, and walk into corners and furniture, among other embarrassing moments.

This side of me is extinguished. I hope. All thanks to these despicables. The guilt I felt when I landed my mentors with these problems was ginormous and I vowed never to make the same kind of mistakes again.

Unhappy things aside, I am really glad I stepped into the working world with half my foot still in university. Learnt lots of things that the theory in school never utitlised, and got a good look at the industry I was so interested in.

Thanks for all these opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment